The editors of JANES are very pleased to announce that at long last the first on-line issue of the Journal of the Ancient Near Eastern Society, JANES 33 (2018), has been launched. The entire issue, including a Preface and Table of Contents you may want to read (in the Front Matter), with direct access to individual articles, may be freely accessed here.
Books Added to the ICI Repository in September:
- John and Judaism: A Contested Relationship in Context. Edited by R. Alan Culpepper and Paul N. Anderson, Resources for Biblical Study 87. Atlanta: SBL Press, 2017.
- Didymus the Blind and the Alexandrian Christian Reception of Philo by Justin M. Rogers. Studia Philonica Monograph 8. Atlanta: SBL Press, 2017.
- Judea under Roman Domination: The First Generation of Statelessness and Its Legacy by Nadav Sharon. Early Judaism and Its Literature 46. Atlanta: SBL Press, 2017.
- Mixed Feelings and Vexed Passions: Exploring Emotions in Biblical Literature. Edited by F. Scott Spencer. Resources for Biblical Study 90. Atlanta: SBL Press, 2017.
SBL on Twitter
shares content related to Bible Odyssey and biblical studies in general.
a combined channel for communication to SBL members from the SBL Professions, Congresses, and Membership departments.
@SBLPress will be posting new publications, e-book releases, and special sales.
Support SBL with your Amazon Purchases
See Events on the SBL Calendar
Annual Meetings Information
Have you registered for the Annual Meetings 2018 yet? If so, make sure to bookmark the Annual Meetings Information page for the latest information on hotels, meeting locations, answers to frequently asked questions, and updated announcements.
If you haven’t registered there is still time! Please click here
Thank-you Annual Meeting Sponsors!
- Diamond Level - Westminster John Knox Press
- Platinum Level - Baker Academic & Brazos Press
- Gold Level - Baylor University Press
- Bronze Level - Wipf and Stock Publishers
- Sponsor - Zondervan Academic
- Sponsor - Accordance Bible Software
Awards Open for Submission
As of October 1, the following awards are open for submission.
Please visit the award pages for submission requirements and additional information.
International Meeting Program Unit Applications
The IMPC has extended the deadline for new program unit applications to October 31. The committee is particularly interested in applications in areas that are not represented in the current program.
Click here for more information.
Recent SBLHS2 Blog Posts
Citing Reference Works 11: Cambridge History of Christianity
Publisher Name Changes
Follow handbook updates on the SBL Handbook of Style blog
Do you have a question, comment, or suggestion about the SBL Handbook of Style, 2nd edition?
If so, please contact SBL Press at SBLHS2@sbl-site.org.